Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wednesday - Mommy's Good Girl

Gracie awoke at 6:00 a.m. this morning. I went in to lay down with her for a while and the next thing I knew she had fallen back asleep, so I took the opportunity for a little snooze too. We awoke again at 7:50 a.m. That felt nice.

Gracie was in the best of moods today. She was happy, content, agreeable, and just had a very good day. She was extremely responsive in responding to conversation, letting her wants known, and just seemed so on top of it today. She continues to amaze me with how she notices everything, today she had to check out the bottom of the latch on the gate over the stairs. I fear she is trying to figure out how to work it and then we'll be in trouble.

Gracie continued to let me know that she is a big girl. Today she wanted an apple, but not cut, she wanted it whole. She finally, after some fussing, allowed me to cut off the peel. Then I gave the full apple back to her and she did really good in eating it.

We stayed home all day, but did have visitors for a short while this afternoon. Our friends Mitch and Cullen stopped by, but Gracie played shy. She is such a social kid, it always surprises me when she starts playing shy. Go figure.

Gracie's new word of the day is "Santa" followed closely by "Ho! Ho! Ho!"

It is snowing quite a bit here tonight, so there is no question we'll have a white Christmas. Santa has come to our house, so when Gracie gets up tomorrow, she will have packages under the tree. If the temps stay mild, we may have to take Gracie out for a sled ride.

Wishing you all a safe and Happy Christmas Eve.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: