Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday - Getting Back in the Routine

Things seem to be returning to normal around here, with the exception of Jeff still being in Chicago. Gracie and I both had a great night's sleep and awoke refreshed. All that sleep left Gracie hungry. She usually will only eat a little applesauce or pear sauce in the morning. Just enough to get her meds into her. This morning she was hungry. She ate all of her pear sauce, a chocolate chip waffle and then started in on mine. Then she signed she wanted a banana and ate a half of one. Could she be growing again? I think the answer is yes. My two year old remains in 4T pants, but is moving out of 4T tops to size 5 and 6. I think I wore size 6 when I went to kindergarten.

Gracie had a good day at daycare with the exception of finding that Frosty the Snowman who sits in daycare's front yard met his demise yesterday and no longer exists. I'm pretty sure he didn't melt with these cold temperatures.

When we got home we found three little snowmen in our front yard...it was a snow family replica of our family...a big one, a middle size one, and a little baby Gracie one. Thank you neighbor Diane for making our night. Gracie and I took a walk in the snow. She was quite intrigued, she even walked through it while I steadied her. She didn't have boots on, so I think it started to get cold. Then when we came in the house Gracie saw the snow on my pants and started to cry. I assured her it was okay and all was well.

Gracie got to talk to daddy on the phone tonight. She smiled the whole time and whispered "hi" about 10 times.

It didn't take long for our little munchkin to fall asleep tonight. Sweet dreams.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: