Friday, December 4, 2009

Just dad and his girlie

Tonite's installment of the Gracie Update is brought to you by Jeff the Dad, as Lisa was gone for most of the evening.

Grace had a good day at daycare. When I arrived for pick up they said, "She had a better day today than yesterday!" (recalling yesterday's fall that led to the E-R visit) I thought that was pretty funny. When I arrived, everyone was watching the beginning of Frosty the Snowman -and of course, I couldn't just up and leave in the middle. So we waited until Grace lost interest in the TV before leaving.

It was a great night for us. We played and stretched out. We went downstairs to see the fireplace and load the wash machine. Grace just loves to help, and chatter the whole time.

Grace had something new for supper tonite. I made up one of those frozen dinners in a bag, that has all of the ingredients and you just cook it up and serve a "gourmet" meal (uh huh). Anyway, I was not too sure if she would like it or not -but, yes, true to form, Gracie ate up all that was placed before her (I don't think there is anything she really despises - yet).

We had a few new words - and a sign "sentence". I was doing something goofy and she enjoyed it. Rather than just signing "more", she signed, "dad - more" actually telling ME to do something for her. I was so proud!

Grace also thought it was a funny game to push dad over this evening. We were sitting on the floor together and she would push me in such a way that I would fall over - after I would sit back up, Grace would wait about 10 seconds and the push me over again. She's going to love slapstick/physical comedy - I can't wait!

Grace was very well behaved and jovial the whole night - right up until bedtime. When bedtime came, she was awake - awake - wide awake - asleep (yeah, about that fast), and hasn't moved since I set her in her bed.

Good night little girl. Sleep well.

Good weekend to all of you!

Love,
Jeff, Lisa, and Gracie

No comments: