Saturday, December 5, 2009

Saturday - Another Cold

Gracie awoke bright and early at 6:00 a.m. this morning. I could tell from her stuffed up breathing she is getting another cold. Today was just not Gracie's day. We could tell that she just didn't feel great.

We headed to the mall for pictures, but Gracie wouldn't smile and was looking quite tired. After that we went to see if Santa was at the mall and sure enough he was. Gracie smiled when she saw him and just watched him intently. We didn't have her go "visit" him this year yet. As tired as she was, I just didn't think it would go well.

From there we headed home and Gracie was so tired that she fell asleep without any lunch. She slept from 12:00 to 2:30 p.m. She awoke at about 1:00 p.m. and layed in bed but still looking out of it. I layed down with her and we both fell back to sleep til 2:30 p.m. That helped her mood for awhile and she was very affectionate, giving lots of hugs and kisses. We had a lazy afternoon and Gracie and I read lots of books. To get into the Christmas spirit, I pulled out all of her Christmas themed books and we read those.

Gracie's mood was rather fragile this afternoon, and she would get easily frustrated or unhappy, but we weren't sure why. I do think she just didn't feel great. Gracie's cut under her chin is looking like infection may be setting in. I'm keeping an eye on it and if it looks any worse in the morning, I will need to take her back to the ER tomorrow to have them drain the infection. Ugh.

Gracie is now sleeping. I'm hoping she will be a happier girl in the morning. We put up the tree tonight while she was sleeping, so maybe that will be some good excitement for the morning.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: