Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunday - Christmas Tree

Gracie had a pretty good night and slept with her head on my stomach for a good part of the night to keep her head elevated to ease breathing with her cold. She awoke bright and early again this morning at 6:00 a.m. She was in a good mood and was ready to start the day. Gracie's cold was in full force today, I don't think I have ever seen so much snot come out of one child's nose. It was a faucet turned on high. Her poor little nose is red and raw from wiping it, but she is learning to blow it. Yay!

This morning Gracie and I went downstairs for her bath and she spied the Christmas tree that Jeff and I had put up last night after she was in bed. Her eyes lit up and I said "Christmas tree" and she repeated me plain as day. After that she just called it a tree, but she was very excited about it.

She was equally excited when Jeff put the lights up on the outside of the house and she started to clap when we turned them on. I let her stand on the window ledge (with me holding her) watching daddy outside. That was great fun for her.

Gracie was in a better mood today, but her ears were bothering her again. I did give her some ibuprofen and that seemed to do the trick. We continued to keep an eye on her chin cut today. I was thinking it looked infected, but just wasn't sure. We decided against taking her in yet and by tonight I thought it was looking better. Hopefully it will continue to look even better tomorrow.

Gracie is now asleep, although very restless. I think I need to go snuggle with her.

Have a great week.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: