Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday - A Very Special Day

Today was a very special day at our house. Two years ago today we officially adopted our sweet Gracie girl. I was telling her about it today and I said "That means that the judge said you get to be part of our family forever!" She looked up at me and gave me the biggest smile. I guess she must think this is an okay family to be a part of.

Today Gracie told her first joke. I was in the bathroom and we have a gate across the doorway. She was standing on the outside of the gate, but she can still reach the light switch. She shut off the light on me. I said "Who shut off the light on mommy?" She looked up at me with a smile and without missing a beat said "Daddy!" When I called her on it, she just made this cute little laugh. It was priceless.

We just hung out at home today. We sang, we danced, we marched, we played the piano, drums, tambourine, and the recorder, we read a few books, we snuggled, and Gracie spent alot of time up on mommy and daddy's backs getting "horsie rides". That is one of her most favorite things these days.
Gracie had a few frustrated moments, one of which resulted in applesauce all over the kitchen wall and floor. I'm still not sure what she was trying to get across and I decided to just let her do what she wanted with the applesauce. I figured maybe she just needed to let off a little steam. It was a huge mess. The good news is that my wall and floor got a scrubbing.

Gracie is now asleep and I hope she has a more peaceful night than last night.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: