Saturday, December 19, 2009

Saturday - A Good Day

Sorry I missed posting any news yesterday, when I put Gracie to bed, I also fell asleep and was pretty much down for the night.

Gracie had a very restless night, but treated me to sleeping in til 7:00 a.m. this morning. Daddy left early for a haircut and band practice, so Gracie and I hung out together til early afternoon. We did laundry, danced, sang, took a bath, and just had a great morning. Gracie seems to be understanding so much these days and follows short directions. She is responding with yes and no to questions, she is really learning to express herself and repeats so many words that we say throughout the day.

She is also becoming quite independent. Today she wanted a pear, but she did not want it cut, she wanted to eat it whole, so I let her. She did quite a good job with it and she thought she was a very big girl. She is also starting to climb and then stands up on chairs. My days of watching her with half an eye are over....now I'll need to watch her with both eyes dilligently.

Gracie was in such a good mood today. When things didn't go her way we still saw some tantrums, but they were shorter than usual.

Gracie got to wear her shirt with a big monkey on skates on the front. This is a favorite of hers. That always makes the day a better one.

She is very restless tonight and has awoken twice from sleep. I think I may need to go and snuggle with her.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: