Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday - Daddy's Home!

Gracie had a very good night last night and slept til 6 a.m. We stayed in bed and snuggled til 7 a.m. Gracie and I had a great day hanging out. She was a good girl while I "went to church on TV". She likes the music and dances to that.

We did lots of laundry today and Gracie is a big help. She throws the cup of laundry detergent in the washer for me. She loves to watch the water come in the washer and is the dryer door monitor for me as I put the clothes in it or take them out.

We also read books, worked on targeted purposeful release (which she can do quite well), played basketball, watched a video, listened to music, and just bummed around the house. It was nice to have a day where we didn't have to be anywhere.

Gracie bumped her chin today on the gate over our stairs and although it thankfully didn't split open again, she cried and cried and cried. Since Gracie rarely cries when she gets hurt or it's fairly short-lived, I knew this bump did not feel good.

At 6:15 p.m. we got in the van and went to pick daddy up at the airport. Gracie was very happy to see him. The rest of the night it was playtime or "family walk" time. Family walk is one of Gracie's favorite things. She has to hold both Jeff and my hand and we just walk around the house with her. She loves this.

It was a good day. Oh and she learned to say "Gracie", or at least repeat it after I say it.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: