Some of the highlights of the last week are:
- Aunt Arlene & Uncle Dave stopped by on Sunday to drop off an old-fashioned Radio Flyer tricycle for Gracie to use. It was one their kids had used and is much bigger than the tricycles you can find today. Gracie was very excited. Now it needs to cool off so Gracie can do a little riding on it and strengthen her legs.
- Grandma & Grandpa D, Aunt Kathy, and cousin Maria hung out with us on Sunday afternoon. Gracie had fun splashing everyone with the water from her pool. They all deserved it though because they are the ones who taught her to do it. They also encouraged her to go into the pool with all of her clothes on...which she did. Who knew a pull-up could retain that much fluid...I swear it weighed 10 lbs. or more.
- On Monday, Gracie had fun at daycare. Their theme right now is fairytales and they read the story of Billy Goat gruff. Then the kids all made bridges out of their bodies and they rolled balls underneath to help them learn the concept of over and under. Gracie loved this. She was a tired girl that night.
- On Tuesday, Gracie had the best day at daycare EVER! A fairy tale story teller came to daycare with his pet dragon "Spit". That was a huge hit. Gracie talked about "Spit" all evening long. They also had a fire drill at daycare and they said that Gracie recovered from that much more quickly than they anticipated. She told me "It was too loud!" Gracie participated in all of the group activities. Gracie usually listens and watches, but is too shy or unwilling to participate. Well on Tuesday all the kids got a turn to name an animal and then say what sound it makes. When they asked Gracie if she wanted a turn, much to her teachers amazement she jumped right up, but had a hard time thinking of an animal. So they helped her think of the animal "mouse", then she very confidently said "Squeak! Squeak!" They said it was so cute and they were so proud of her. Mom and Dad are pretty proud too.
- On Wednesday, Gracie had a very rough day at daycare. Her teachers said they are just sure it had to do with the impending storms, as all the kids were on their worst behavior. When Jeff went to pick her up, he watched her on the monitor in the lobby for awhile. She kept knocking toys over. Needless to say when daddy arrived, she was made to pick them all up. She settled down a bit after that and had a great evening. Last night we had a lazy night and watched some old Cosby show episodes. Gracie loves these and does a great imitation of Bill Cosby.
- This morning, Jeff went to lay down with a sleeping Gracie while I went to take a shower. She rolled over, saw him, said "mean guy" and then went back to sleep. That is Gracie's new joke, she calls Jeff a mean guy because she knows he reacts to it. One day earlier in the week, we were at home and Jeff was coming home from work, I told Gracie "Look out the window, see who's home." Without skipping a beat she said "mean guy". For all those of you who know Jeff well, he doesn't have a mean bone in his body, which makes this extra comical to me.
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie