Monday, December 28, 2009

Monday with Dad

Hello everyone. Jeff the dad here. Lisa is working this week and I am off, so you will be hearing from me for the remainder of the year.

Yesterday was a big day for Grace, as we headed to see Grandma, Grandpa, and a bunch of uncles, aunts and cousins to celebrate Christmas. All of the excitement yesterday might be the reason for Gracie being so tired today. Aside from being a little sleepy, Grace was a good girl all day. We played, watched some tv, read some books, took a bath and (of course) napped.

Some highlights today include going to the clinic to visit some friends. They were happy to see Grace and give her some attention - which she was eager to soak up. As expected, Grace was very social and loved to have an audience. We stayed for a little while and Grace thoroughly enjoyed herself, making the rounds and flashing her smile all around.

Our big news today is that Grace learned/showed a new sign. She brought a book to me and I asked, "do you want me to read a book" and I signed book her. She then signed book back to me. I was so surprised, I asked her to sign it again - and sure enough, she did. So, "book" is definitely in our vocabulary. Woo Hoo!

As I said near the beginning, Grace was a sleepy girl for much of the day, almost asking to take her morning nap. Despite being tired, she was in a good mood all day. We had a fun time spending the day together. Mommy got home around 6:00, and then Grace was all smiles to see her too.

They are both sleeping soundly. I had to finish the Monday night game. Now I am off to bed.

Talk to you tomorrow!

Jeff, Lisa, and Gracie

No comments: