Here are a few highlights of Gracie's life since I last posted:
- Gracie had a dentist appointment and even let the dentist clean her teeth and apply a little flouride!!! (A little history: At her first appointment she wouldn't open her mouth or sit in the dental chair. At her second one she sat in the chair but wouldn't let them clean her teeth.) So I felt that she made some major strides. We practiced opening our mouth and saying "AHHHH" the whole way to the appointment.
- Gracie met with her allergist. We postponed having her tested for a possible penicillin allergy, as her seasonal allergies are still quite bothersome and we knew she would be miserable if we took her off antihistamines for the required 5 days prior to the test. We are now adding a prescription eye drop and a nasal spray to her list of allergy meds to see if we can get her seasonal allergies under control.
- Gracie attended the graduation parties for two of her cousins. She loved taking all of her cousins for walks and was not ready to go home when it was finally time to leave. She has become a very good car rider. I didn't think I would ever say that.
- On Memorial Day, we set up a sprinkler ring and Gracie had a blast playing with it and in the puddle of water that pooled at the sidewalk. She is definitely an outdoor girl.
- Gracie went bowling for a school class trip. A big thank you to her teacher who washed down the bowling alley surfaces that Gracie would come into contact with and to the district school nurse who went along. We so appreciate all of the extra efforts that were put forth to keep our precious little girl safe from allergens.
- Gracie has been so tired lately. Jeff and I are just sure that she is gearing up for a growth spurt. I've already noticed that her shoes are starting to get small. I think we'll be going to the shoe store this weekend for some new shoes.
- Gracie only has two more days of school left. After next week, she'll be on summer vacation and her daycare has a ton of fun summer activities planned.
- Last night after her bath Gracie stood in front of the mirror flexing her muscles and told me she was strong! She cracks me up!
- Life is good and we are blessed!
Hope you're having a great Spring!
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie