Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday - Hanging with Mom

Gracie had a good night until about 4 a.m. when she became extremely restless. At 6:30 a.m. she called the tossing and turning quits and got out of bed. She had no smiles, try as I might. She was irritable, demanding, and nothing was quite right. I gave her a bath, certain to change her mood, and it helped, but wasn't a magical fix. Finally at 9:30 a.m. I put her back to bed, where she slept for an hour. She awoke a much happier girl.

After a snack, we headed to the clinic to drop off a few packages and then listen to the Christmas concert in one of the atriums. Daddy was running audio, so we got to see him too. The musicians were a husband and wife duo and they were considered folk music. It was a very nice concert and Gracie enjoyed it, although whenever the song would be done and everyone would clap Gracie would fuss loudly as she thought that meant it was done.

After that we headed home and had a little something to eat, although Gracie was not a big eater today at all. She did offer her baby doll a piece of cereal today. How nice of her to share. Then I put her down for another nap. She seemed extra tired all day today. Could she be growing again? Hmmm.

Gracie slept for 90 minutes and then we played and read books until daddy came home. Gracie had a lot of moments of frustration today. I think that her speech skills are not matching her skills of awareness and she can't communicate what she wants. I've gotten to the point that if I can't figure out what she wants I set her right up on the cupboard or wherever she is pointing to show me what she wants. Once we know what it is, then we work on saying the name of it.

Gracie had her first kiwi today and LOVED it! Gracie had a great time tonight playing on her exercise ball. She would lay on it with her tummy and roll around. This is a huge stride as just months ago she would not have had the balance or felt secure enough to do this on her own.

I'm off all week with Gracie, so I'm looking forward to more fun tomorrow.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: