Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Eve and Daddy's Birthday

Gracie treated me to sleeping in til 7:30 a.m. We got up and found daddy and wished him a Happy Birthday. Gracie even said "Happy Birthday" today. She repeated me saying it and we only heard it once, but we heard it.

It was sort of a lazy day today. We just hung out at home and got a few things (very few) done around the house. Gracie only took a 30 minute nap today, so by late afternoon she was a little cranky. She had moments of great merriment when things were going her way. If she couldn't have her way, it wasn't pretty.

We read lots of books and took a lot of family walks around the house. Gracie LOVES to hold one of my hands and one of Jeff's and just lead us around the house. Maybe she thinks we all need exercise.

Gracie loved when we lit the candles on Jeff's birthday cake and even tried to help him blow out the candles.

Gracie amazes me with how much she understands and responds to these days. It is very encouraging as we see her continue to make good progress. I love to hear her jabber, many times we hear real words and at other times a lot of sounds like she is making up words. I would love to know what she is thinking.

Gracie was sound asleep by 8:30 p.m. and I think I'm not that far behind her.

Have a safe and Happy New Years!

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: