Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wednesday - A Good Day

Gracie had a great night last night. She had a very short bout with restlessness and tossing and turning and fussing. She didn't awaken through this and slept in just long enough to allow me a shower. She awoke in a great mood and was even quite silly this morning.

Gracie's clinginess with Jeff being away continued today. I actually think it is getting worse instead of better. It makes it a little difficult to go to the bathroom, but otherwise I don't mind. I did cheat for dinner tonight though, as it makes it hard to cook when she wants to be held constantly. I picked up pasta with marinara sauce and breadsticks. Then I supplemented with fruit at home. I figured the veggie could be the tomatoes in the marinara. This was a big hit with Gracie, my pasta lover.

Tonight at dinner Gracie and I are interacting and I am talking to her. I said "Gracie, did you know that daddy is coming home tomorrow? We are going to the airport to pick him up and bring him home." Not only did she smile at this, but she started giggling. There is no question that she misses her daddy.

The night flew by. After dinner it was bath time and the splashing was at an all time high. After that we put our jammies on and read a book. We had lost a favorite book of Gracie's "Llama Llama Red Pajama" for a couple of days and we found it under the couch tonight. So, that was the book I got to read numerous times this evening. She got a stuffed llama at Lark Toys this weekend, so he got to sit beside her while we read.

Gracie fell asleep quickly this evening and is very peaceful. I'm hoping that continues through the night. Well "the girls" made it through the week without daddy, but we'll be very happy to have him home again.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: