Friday, July 17, 2009

Tired Friday

Well, it's 9:05 on a Friday night and I am the only one that is still awake. This tells me 2 things:

#1 - Blog duty has fallen upon me (Jeff)
#2 - We really know how to party at our house!

Well, I have no idea what time Grace got up this morning, because I was out the door for work before she awoke. I can tell you that she didn't fuss much during the 5:00 - 6:00 a.m. time frame. She also slept soundly during my numerous checks on her and then hugging her before leaving for work.

Gracie had a good day at day-care today, and wasn't really too happy to see dad this afternoon because I arrived during the "Cookie Monster Song". Cookie Monster starts out with 10 cookies and then eats his way down to none - then he's sad, but someone brings more cookies, then he's happy . . . until he starts eating again. I think it's like "100 bottles of beer on the wall" for kids.

We got home and played for a while, and then mommy came home. As usual, Grace snaps to attention (no matter how tired she is) when she hears mommy's key hit the front door. She runs to the gate and screams until Lisa comes up the stairs and gives her a hug.

During the evening Grace would switch off between being dad's girl, to mom's girl, to nobody's girl, then back to dad and on and on. She finally ended up snuggling with both of us on the couch being everybody's girl.

Finally off to bed, where Lisa snuggled up to her, and then "accidentally" fell asleep.

Have yourselves a great weekend.

All the best,
Jeff, Lisa, and Gracie

No comments: