Saturday, July 11, 2009

Gracie - Splashing in the Toilet

Gracie had a restless night, but slept in until 7:00 a.m. She actually awoke at 6:00 a.m., looked at me, smiled, and then dozed off. She did this on and off until 7:00 a.m. Gracie was in a GREAT mood today. She was a happy and very busy girl today.

Her morning bath was a hoot, she was a wild splashing girl. After that she stayed home and played with dad while I ran to Target. When I got home she was a busy little girl with all the packages. She wanted to help and carry and hold. She put away the elbow macaroni on her play table. I found the pasta dinner under a chair, the soup can was rolled under the counters, but she had fun and that is all that matters.

Today I got her lunch a little late and she was hungry. Her food was still a little hot, but she wanted it because she was hungry. I explained to her that it was too hot that we would have to blow it and she began blowing. This is huge as we have been working on blowing with her for a couple of months.

Gracie didn't take a morning nap, and only took a little over an hour nap this afternoon. Is my big girl starting to reduce nap time? After nap time, we took a walk to the neighborhood park and Gracie got to swing. She had a great time. Her little legs were just kicking and her smile was a big ear-to-ear smile.

When we got home I needed to check the laundry in the dryer. I left Gracie in the downstairs family room to play while I went just two rooms away to check the dryer. The clothes were still wet, so I restarted it and returned to the family room in less than a minute. Gracie was no where to be found. Then I heard splash, splash. I hadn't shut the bathroom door and there she was up to her elbows in the toilet having a grand time.

Gracie was very hungry at suppertime and after that we read books and then went outside for a leisurely walk. Gracie has officially outgrown her orthotics, so I put her in just tennis shoes today and I think she liked the freedom. On our walk she was actually running. She will be getting new ones, we are waiting for her PM&R physician to get back from vacation to order them. I think she will need her foot molded this time around.

Gracie was tired out and barely stayed awake until 8:00 a.m. I'm going to join her shortly.

Good night!

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: