Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday - Visiting Grandma & Grandpa B.

Gracie had a restless night last night, but still managed to sleep in until 8:00 a.m. I'm pretty sure she woke up on the wrong side of the bed because nothing seemed to be right with the world this morning. I guess turning two is harder than I remember.

It didn't help that about 2 minutes after she got out of bed the exterminator was at our door to take care of the nasty ant population that has moved into our house, but won't leave. They also took care of the abundance of ants outdoors as well. She was enthralled by the bright yellow VW bug they drove and felt the need to say "hello" to the nice gentleman who sprayed the indoors.

We also put up Gracie's new toybox. She is pretty sure that this toybox is supposed to be climbed on. Mommy is pretty sure it's not, but am encouraged that she is starting to be intrigued by climbing up on things. She can now get up on both the couch upstairs (which is poofy) and the downstairs normal sized one. Now we need to work on getting down with out cracking our head open.

Lunch was almost too much for her to handle, so we washed her up and wisked her back to bed. She slept for about 75 minutes. We quickly dressed her and headed to my parents for the day. We had a great visit and Gracie sang with Grandma and banged on the table with Grandpa. We hung out outdoors for a while (it was a beautiful day) and indoors proved to be more of a challenge as she likes to touch and hold everything. She challenged me quite a bit with turning the TV on and off. She knows it is a "no no", but likes to push my buttons.

On the way to my parents, Gracie was flipping through a book and all of a sudden looked up at me and started signing "fish". I looked in the book and sure enough, there were fish. She is really starting to pick up on the sign language. We'll need to continue to encourage this. It will make life less frustrating for her and us too.

Our little two year old is quite the tease. She thought it would be great fun to play with Grandma's answering machine. I told her it was a "no no". Pretty soon she was back at it. I again told her "no". A third time she went for it. This time, I said, "what did mommy say this was" and she answered "yeah" (which is her "yes"). That little brain is working -- this does my heart good.

Gracie cried about half of the way home, she was so tired, overtired really, and just couldn't wind down. She awoke when we got home and again had a hard time getting back to sleep. She is snoozing now and I plan to join her shortly. I do believe Gracie had a small myoclonic seizure today, but they happen so fast, that by the time I realize what is going on, it is over and then I question myself. I'll continue to keep a watchful eye on her.

Thanks to all who are sending prayers our way. They are very appreciated.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: