Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday - Occupational Therapy

Gracie had a good night for the most part and wasn't quite sure she wanted to get out of bed this morning. After a little snuggling I convinced her it would be okay. I think I've mentioned before that she picks out a book or toy in the morning and that is what she wants to carry around all day. Well this has extended to taking it to the table with her to eat . She has a complete fit when I take it away. Since breakfast was just cereal I let her have it this morning. She looked like a little old lady reading her book while she was munching on cereal. She's such a little goofball sometimes.

Gracie had a good day at daycare and got an early birthday present. It's a little brown baby with a bottle and carrier that has a motion sensor and makes noise. It is the cutest little thing ever.

Jeff picked Gracie up at daycare and headed to the clinic for Occupational Therapy. Gracie was just wired today and didn't have much of an attention span. However, she had two big successes, the first was with pulling pop beads apart and the second was with purposeful release. They have a big slide in the PT/OT gym and she sat at the top sending little toy cars to me at the bottom. We had tried this when she had first started therapy and she would have nothing to do with it. She's come a long way.

Gracie was a very tired girl tonight. I guess she just worked too hard today. She fell asleep quickly. Sweet dreams is my wish for her.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: