Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday - A Kiss for Mommy

Gracie had a restless night last night, and was not ready to get up this morning. I had a very hard time waking her up, she was just so tired. She was quite grumpy through the morning routine, but we did get a few smiles out of her.

Gracie had a good time playing outside in the water at daycare again today. Anything with water makes her a happy girl. I think she might be part flower, because with all that water, I think she grew today. She just looked taller today for some reason.

She was a hungry and thirsty girl tonight. She downed a glass and a half of Gatorade and a fruit and grain bar before we even started supper -- she just couldn't wait. After supper she played with her pop beads and is getting good with pulling them apart. After supper she leaned over to me and very gently kissed me on the chin. This wasn't a big wet slobbery kiss, this was a light sweet "I love you, mommy!" kiss. It melted my heart.

We had been invited to a "Welcome to baby, party" for some friends tonight and we both would have liked to go, but Gracie goes to bed quite early and we never know how tired she will be or how much she will tolerate when tired. I think our difficult decision to not attend was the best decision for Gracie today. With all the sun and fun, she was one tired girl. She fell asleep on my lap and is in bed sleeping peacefully.

We are ready for the weekend.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: