Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday - Physical Therapy

Gracie had a much better night, but did awake at 1:00 a.m. for an hour. She wanted to sleep, but just couldn't get back to sleep. Once again, I had a hard time waking her this morning. She was in great mood once she finally awoke.

I'm finding that with each day that Jeff is gone, Gracie becomes more and more clingy. She wants to be held, or sit on my lap, or be right by my side constantly. I can't walk out of the room without her busting into tears. I went downstairs to put a load of laundry in and she screamed and cried at the gate at the top of the steps. Her face was wet with big crocodile tears. I keep telling her that mommy will always come back and that daddy is coming back in just two days, but I think she can't quite grasp that.

Gracie had a good day at daycare and had some great successes at her physical therapy appointment at the clinic today. We had less tantrums regarding the little sink that she constantly wants to play with. She kicked a ball, she climbed the stairs to the slide with very little assistance, she almost stood up from the floor on her own, it was soooooooooo close. One of the therapists (not one that works with Gracie, but who we see and say hello to) hadn't seen Gracie for a number of weeks and couldn't get over how good she was doing and how much improvement she is making. Leslie, our PT, asked me if Gracie has made any attempts at wheeling herself in her wheelchair. No sooner had the word "no" come out of my mouth, when Gracie, who was sitting in her wheelchair, started to push herself along with one hand.

We had a good evening of reading books and playing. Gracie was very tired and fell right to sleep. She seems to be very peaceful at the moment.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: