Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday - Daddy's Home!!!

Gracie had a great night and awoke at 6:30 a.m. Gracie was in a snuggling mood, so we stayed in bed and laughed and snuggled til about 7:00 a.m. Gracie was in a fantastic mood. We got up and had breakfast together and we talked. I had actual words and she jabbered on and on -- I'm sure she knew what she was saying.

After breakfast we played and read books. Or should I say, we read A book, just over and over and over again. Gracie selects one toy or book and that is the key toy or book for the day. Today it was her "Wake Up Papa Bear" book. It went everywhere with her. Including our trip to the butcher shop to pick up some meat. Usually I can talk her into leaving said toy in the car...not today. However, when the nice lady offered her an M&M cookie, it was okay to let go of the book.

Gracie took a 45 minute morning nap and that was just what she needed to be in a great mood again. She was still very clingy, but happy. She ate a great lunch, from the amount of food she put away I am just sure she has a hollow leg. We are working on biting and pulling when we eat items like cookies, etc. This is teaching her how to bite portions off of a larger item, such as a cookie or toast. Gracie has had a hard time with that, so puts way too big of chunks in her mouth. So we are working with her on that so that her food doesn't have to always be cut in bite size pieces. Drinking out of a straw has not been intuitive for Gracie either, but we are working on that and I think she got it today.

About 2:15 p.m. we headed to the airport to pick up daddy. I was scared she would give him the cold shoulder as the last day any time I would mention him or show her a picture, she wanted nothing to do with him. She fell asleep in the van on the way there and since we were a little early, I let her sleep for about 20 minutes and then woke her to go inside. Jeff had just come off the plane as we entered. Gracie gave him a smile, held out her hands and snuggled in!!! I don't think she let go of daddy for a good hour afterward. On the way home, Jeff sat in the back with her and she smiled and jabbered and giggled and held daddy's hand the whole way home. I could tell that daddy was happy to see his girl too!

As we were out of everything at home, I left daddy and Gracie to play and I went to the grocery store. They laughed and danced and sang while I was gone. Since Gracie's afternoon nap was only 20 minutes...rather than the normal 2 hours, she went to bed early. She was overtired and had a harder time falling asleep.

I can tell Gracie was most content and happy when all three of us were home together. All was right in her world.

Have a safe and fun Fourth of July.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: