Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday - PT

Gracie awoke this morning at 8:00 a.m., yes, you read correctly, 8:00 a.m. She slept for over 12 hours straight. This just NEVER happens. She did awake briefly at 7:00 a.m., lifted her head to look at me with a very grumpy look, shook her head no, layed back down and went back to sleep. It was quite comical to watch.

Gracie was very needy today. She needed constant attention and wanted to be held alot. I'm sure this has to do with having constant attention on vacation, so we tried to give her lots of attention and ease her back into home life.

Gracie had PT at the clinic today and had a pretty good session. She was much more moody and strong-willed today and didn't always cooperate, but she had some good successes too. Her legs are getting stronger and straighter and our daily stretching exercises have been changed a bit. She did great walking up the stairs to the slide and she zoomed down the slide as we took off her tennis shoes and let her sail. She loved that! We also need to work on strengthening her neck and arm muscles.

The strange little movements that I mentioned in yesterday's blog seemed to have disappeared for the most part. While she was having her night bottle I felt some rhythmic arm movements against me but they were done before I could see them. Then tonight after she had been sleeping for about an hour, she awoke crying. When I picked her up to "walk" and "bounce" her back to sleep, I felt some weird movements again. They were short-lived, different than her former I.S. spasms, but still a bit worrisome. It'll be good to see what her neurologist thinks about these movements tomorrow at her appointment.

Prayers welcome!

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: