Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday - New Shoes

Gracie had a good night. When Jeff came to wake me up this morning she was snuggled close. When she woke up this morning she was a little grumpy grundy. It took her a little while to get over the grumpies, but when she did I was rewarded to a happy girl.

Gracie and I have this thing we do where I hold out my arms and ask her if she's hugged her mom today. She always comes and gives me the biggest tightest hug. I do this periodically throughout the day. Well this morning she is circling the kitchen island and I ask her this and hold out my arms. The little tease smiles and does a walk by and doesn't hug me. Now it has become a game. So over and over again, I ask for my hug and over and over again she smiles at me and walks as quickly by me as possible and giggles.

Gracie had a good day at daycare and got to go outside and enjoy the nice day. Jeff picked her up, then I met him at home and we headed to the shoe store. Gracie has outgrown her orthotics and she doesn't get measured for her new ones til late next week and then it will take a couple of weeks to get them. Her shoes are the size to accommodate the orthotics, but she has none that fit her now without the braces. So we needed shoes for her and badly. So we got her a nice pair of pink and white Stride Rites. It's amazing what a good fitting pair of shoes can do for her stability.

Gracie had a good night and was a happy girl, but was very ready for bed tonight. She fell asleep in less that two seconds.

Wishing you a good night.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: