Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thursday - Water Fun

Gracie had another great night. I woke up at 4:10 a.m. and realized I hadn't woken up all night. That rarely happens. About 6:00 a.m. I walked into Gracie's room to wake her up and there she was laying in bed, eyes open, contemplating her day. This is so unlike Gracie, usually the minute she wakes up she needs to let us know she is unhappy that we are not in the room. She saw me walk in, gave me a huge smile and that was the tone of the day. She was a happy girl.

When Jeff and I picked Gracie up from daycare she came out wearing an adult size T-shirt and she thought she was pretty cute!!!! She and her daycare friends got to play in big buckets of water on the deck and they had a blast. Gracie's clothes were soaked, just reiterating how much fun she had.

Gracie ate a good supper. I gave her a pink plate with Sleeping Beauty on it. She fell in love with this plate. She would look at it and smile and pick it up and smile. She was very upset when I took this plate away to be washed.

We went outside after supper and worked on running and climbing up and down grassy inclines. Gracie is making remarkable improvements in her balance and confidence. We even played ball for awhile, but Gracie thought eating the ball would be more fun than throwing it.

Gracie was one tired girl, but started out very restless in her sleep. Perhaps she was too tired from all the fun and fresh air. It was a good day.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: