Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday - A Great Physical Therapy Session

Gracie had a good night with the exception of a doozie of a night terror at about 12:30 a.m. Once we finally got her calmed down, she slept well. She was pretty drowsy when she woke up, but singing the banana boat song brought a smile to her face.

Gracie was a happy girl in the car and when we dropped her off at daycare. When I arrived at daycare to pick her up I didn't immediately see Gracie and as I was talking I felt someone hold my hand and there was my girl with a big smile on her face.

Gracie had a great physical therapy session. We worked on having her stand up from the floor and tried a new technique that we hadn't used before. It worked really well and Gracie was doing great with it. She was really engaged as Sandy was working with her and really paying attention. Sandy would put her in position and Gracie would do the work. She was so proud each time she did it, she would have a huge smile on her face and come over and give me a hug.

Gracie had a good supper and then we went out for a walk with her wheelchair. When we got back home, we took her out of the chair and let her walk the sidewalk. The neighbors had their sprinklers on and Gracie thought it was great fun to walk the sidewalk that was being sprayed and get wet. She was darn right mad when we took her away to go in the house for a bath.

After bath, Gracie was just plain tired and fell asleep in my arms drinking her evening bottle. Come to think of it daddy was sitting next to us and he fell asleep about the same time.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

1 comment:

Auntie Cheryl said...

I am taking Gracie's side on this. I don't understand why she had to come in for a bath if she could just rinse off in the neighbor's sprinkler. Must be the child in me!