Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Lazy Saturday

Gracie had a horrible night last night, she was in constant motion, tossing and turning, waking up, crying, fussing, and just couldn't seem to get comfortable or get rest. This went on most of the night. At 12:30 a.m. on one of her awake times, I decided to change her diaper, she figured out how to do shadow puppets on her bedroom wall. That was kind of fun, especially when I made the big monster hand that comes to eat her puppets. She thought that was hilarious.

Gracie woke up a little after 8:00 a.m. and was a daddy's girl all day long. If he would leave the room to do whatever, she would have a major meltdown. She insisted upon sitting on his lap when he ate his lunch (hers was already done). She followed him everywhere and wanted to be held by him.

Gracie was in a very good mood today for the most part. She did alot of dancing, we read books, and we played with her Fisher Price farm. She is really starting to get into that and we practice purposeful release by throwing the farm animals down the silo. Please don't tell her that mommy is actually working on "therapy" assignments with her.

Gracie watched her "Baby Signing Time" DVD today. We try to make sure she watches it once a day and it is really clicking with her. There is an animated frog on there that eats a bug or something and then lets out a big burp. I love watching Gracie when this happens because she giggles out loud. She loves the frog and if I happen to say "Excuse me" after he burps, she thinks it is doubly funny.

Gracie and I went for a run outside. I hold both of her hands and walk backwards rapidly as she "runs' toward me. She loves to run, but does tire quickly. We're working on stability and endurance.

Tonight as I was feeding Gracie her nighttime bottle (yes, I know I said I was going to take it away from her at two, I'm still working on that), I took it out of her mouth and there on the end of the nipple was a very dead box elder bug. I had seen her playing by the deck door earlier, crouched down on the floor, but didn't see her stick anything in her mouth....well I think she snuck that one by me. Thanks to Jeff's cousin Barbara, I already know they aren't poisonous...thanks Barbara.

Gracie is asleep and went down very peacefully. The great news of the day is that she had NO seizure activity. I'm hopeful that the Topamax increase is doing what we need it to do. Thanks so much for all of the prayers for our little pumpkin.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: