Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday - Another Trip to the ER

Gracie had a great night again last night, which means I had a restful night too. She awoke in a good mood and had great fun turning the light off on me while I was in the bathroom fixing my hair. I would say "Gracie, I can't see!" She would runaway giggling saying "can't see, can't see". Then I would ask her to come and turn it back on. She would happily oblige and before I could get the words "thank you" out of my mouth, she would turn it off again and run away saying "can't see".

Gracie had a good day at daycare. Daddy was on early shift today, so he picked her up and they went home and were snacking on some tortilla chips when Gracie began choking. Jeff had her in position to dislodge the chip when she vomited up liquids, the chip must have dislodged, but he couldn't find it. Gracie had some labored breathing that was very concerning and just wasn't acting right, so Jeff loaded her up in the van and headed to the ER. They checked her out and her breathing became normal again. They couldn't see anything concerning in her throat and indicated they could scope her, but since she was doing so good by that time, Jeff declined. Gracie was a very good girl for all of this and was very cooperative. Oh and the consultant at the ER was one we've had frequently and of course knew Jeff and Gracie immediately. I sure hope we get a frequent visitor discount. The nurse also recognized Jeff from his trip there two weeks ago for his ankle sprain.

When I got home Jeff was telling me about her choking and was imitating the sound, well Gracie didn't want to be left out from telling the story, so she had to re-enact the gagging, choking sound. What a little nut.

When I got home Gracie was picking at her supper. She didn't eat much and was very tired. She livened up in the bathtub a bit, but fell asleep very quickly tonight. She is all snuggled in under her Winnie the Pooh blanket.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: