Tuesday, January 12, 2010

And What a Tuesday it Was

Grace woke up at 5:00 this morning and refused to go back to sleep. Despite her early rising, she was in a good mood for the morning and the ride to daycare. It was only when Mom went to leave (this is dad by the way), that things turned ugly.

We are finding that, apparently, mommy is getting played on the mornings she drops at daycare. This morning, Gracie carried on and did her famous "you can't carry me, I'm a boneless girl" routine. This is a fairly common scenario when Lisa drops her off. On the other hand, when I drop off, the latest reaction has been, "go dad, go dad, I have friends and want to play. Are you still here? Bye dad, you can leave anytime. Bye!" Hmm - what to do about this one? We shall see.

Grace had an appointment today with physical therapy. The first half of the appointment went very well. However, after a while things went south and Gracie was pretty much done with doing what she was asked. She is getting a bit of a cold again and I think she was just tired. Whatever the case may be, she became quite uncooperative.

The "highlight" of the day was - as I was leaving work (to pick up the girlie) I missed the last step or two and fell to the floor (no matter what you do, you just can't look cool while your lying on the floor saying, "oooooooowwwwww"). After falling, I had to get to the parking ramp, pick up Grace, and then bring her back downtown to her appointment. Finally, after the appointment, I went to the ER where I was x-rayed and examined. It's only a sprain (but it still hurts quite a bit). I have been fitted with an air-cast and my very own set of crutches. Yahoo! Well, it could've been worse.

So now, Gracie and mommy get to take care of me for a few days. Grace is most fascinated by the air-cast. She is not sure if it is neat, scary, or just plain weird. Whatever the case, it sure is fun to look at it.

That's about it for now. Grace is asleep. Lisa and I will be headed in that same direction - as soon as I take out the trash (hobble, hobble). Perhaps Lisa will do it, as we don't have enough time to wait for me to do it.

Have a great night.

Love,
Jeff, Lisa, and Gracie.

No comments: