Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday - "Goodbye Daddy"

Gracie had a good night, unfortunately I did not. I also learned that Gracie is a blanket hog, leaving mommy out in the cold. Gracie did not want to wake up this morning. Usually she is excited to have the light in her room turned on. Today when I asked her if she wanted the light turned on, instead of the usual big smile, I got an adamant head shake "no". When I finally did turn it on, she wasn't happy. She was in a good mood this morning though once she woke up.

Daddy took Gracie to daycare and she was happy to be there. When I went to pick her up she was snuggling with Barb and just relaxing watching the news. On the way home I asked her what the current events of the day were, but she didn't want to talk about them. She did want music on in the car and didn't hesitate to let mommy know.

Gracie was in a very good mood tonight. At one point she was in the gated bathroom with mommy and she had great fun continually closing the door on daddy who was outside the room and as she would close the door (all 200 times) she would say "Goodbye Daddy". It was really quite sweet.

As always Gracie enjoyed her bath and was a very tired girl afterward. She was laying on the bed and usually wants to be held and bounced until she falls asleep or is close to sleep. Tonight she just wanted to stay laying down. I was only too happy to oblige. That girl is getting heavy.

She is now sound asleep and rejuvenating for an active day tomorrow.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: