Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday - A Day with Mom

Gracie had another good nights sleep, she awoke at 5:20 a.m., but I snuggled with her and she fell back to sleep for another hour. She awoke in a good mood. Our daycare was closed today, so Gracie and I hung out together. After Jeff left for work, she walked around the house continually telling me "daddy bye bye".

We had many errands to do this morning and Gracie was a trooper throughout. She even got a new pair of shoes. Since Gracie no longer needs to wear her orthotics, we didn't have shoes that were working for her and one pair was questionable. So we headed to our favorite Stride Rite store and they confirmed that her tennis shoes fit fine, but her shoes that we wear with our nicer outfits were still too big. They didn't have what I wanted, but the shoe we got is very cute and much lighter than her normal shoes. We also got to go down a width size.

Gracie took a 1 hour and 45 minute nap and was in a great mood all afternoon. We worked on words and identifying animals in a picture book. We read other books, we played with Gracie's piano, drums, and tambourine, we worked on putting in wooden puzzle pieces (this is not a favorite - she loves to take them out, but doesn't like to put them in) and did a little snuggling too. If I would have let her she would have stood by the cd player and danced to Harry Belafonte all day.

Tonight when Jeff came home, Gracie had an absence seizure while she was riding on my back. I was quite bummed about this as we haven't had one since our last medicine increase in July. We had plans of increasing Gracie's morning dose of meds soon, but were going to wait for her next growth spurt. Needless to say, I'll contact her neurologist in the morning and I think that med increase will happen now. Our goal is to stay on top of the increases without her having any seizure activity at all.

Gracie was a good girl tonight and was very happy to just hang out and play with Jeff and I. She is now sleeping, but seems restless. I hope that is not the start of a restless night.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: