Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday - A Quiet Day at Home

Gracie had a horribly restless night. She kept waking up and tossing and turning. At 3:45 a.m. she was wide awake and frustrated by it. So I picked her up and I walked and bounced with her for about 30 minutes before she fell asleep. She awoke again at 6:00 a.m. and then dozed on and off until 7:30 a.m.

I just love Saturdays when we have no place to be. We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast and our little Gracie who isn't a big breakfast eater devoured three of them. I have no clue where she put them all. Then it was into the bathtub and just a lazy morning of playing with mom and dad.

Gracie was so tired and I put her down for a nap at 12:45 p.m., but she awoke 30 minutes later, so I took her back to bed and layed down with her. Thankfully she slept another hour, but was quite restless.

This afternoon we took down our Christmas tree. Gracie was watching a Baby Signing Times video while we were doing this and at one point when the tree was half torn down she looked over and was quite distraught that our tree was almost gone. Once I explained what was going on, she seemed to be okay with it.

Gracie was extremely verbal today and copied words that we said constantly. She is getting very good at letting us know exactly what she wants. She had lots of smiles today and loves to egg me on. She had a cookie in hand and she was told she could have it if she went to sit at the table. She slowly meandered to the living room and down the hall to the bedroom. She stopped just short of her bedroom door. I came out of the kitchen to remind her she needed to go to the table and she was just waiting for me to play a game of chase with her. Once I chased her down, she was more than happy to eat her cookie at the table. She just had to have a little fun first.

Grace was a tired girl tonight and is now sound asleep. I'm hoping she has a very restful night.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: