Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday - Back to Our Routine

Monday morning brought the return of work and daycare for us. I was not looking forward to taking Gracie to daycare because I knew she would give me the sad face and be clingy, so I was fortunate that Jeff was working the late shift and so he took her. She was clingy as expected after two weeks of having mom and dad's undivided attention. She did have a good day after Jeff left and I think she enjoyed seeing her friends. Tonight when we got home we were sitting down eating her applesauce and meds and I would ask her about each of her friends at daycare and I got big smiles.

Gracie was mommy's girl tonight and was in a good mood for most of the night. Supper didn't get made fast enough for her, but that was really the only thing that caused sadness. Now mind you I gave her snacks to tide her over...it just didn't seem to be good enough.

Gracie was a wild girl in the bathtub tonight! Gracie was very verbal tonight and repeated a lot of words that were said. We really need to make sure no four letter words slip out of our mouths, although I think we are both pretty mindful of that.

Gracie was a very tired girl tonight and fell asleep quickly. I snuggled her in as it just seems cold in the house tonight, even though we have the furnace turned up and the fireplace on.

Have a good night.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: