Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday - Mommy's Girl

Gracie had a horrible night last night, she tossed and turned and cried out all night. When she did sleep it was with her head on my stomach or chest. It was like she needed to know I was right there. Poor dear. I'm not sure what was wrong, but she awoke in a good mood at 6:30 a.m.

Gracie and I hung out together at home this morning while Jeff lead service at his church. She was a perfect angel all morning. I went to mass via the local TV mass. I find I get so much more out of it these days than battling her at church. So for now this works nicely. Gracie was in the best of moods, happy, content, she even went off and played on her own for a while in her room and would just smile at me when I would peek in to check on her.

Gracie ate a good lunch and then took a short nap...only an hour today and we were able to tell that she should have slept longer. Her mood was not quite as good this afternoon. She had times of being very happy and times of being very upset. We ran out to Menards and Shopko this afternoon and on the way home she screamed at the top of her lungs for most of the ride home. We still aren't quite sure what was wrong. When we got home, I pulled her into the front drivers seat with me and let her pretend to drive the car that was an immediate mood brightener.

Gracie was definitely mommy's girl all day. She did have some fun with dad, but I pretty much could not be out of sight for most of the day. So we snuggled and just hung out and I was happy to take in all the attention I could...for who knows when she will turn into daddy's girl again.

Gracie was so tired tonight. I put her to sleep and just before 8:00 p.m. and she seems peaceful at the moment. I'm hoping she has a good night.

Have a good week.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: