Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday - Home with Mom & Dad

Gracie had another restless night. She awoke at 1:00 a.m. with a nasty bloody nose. I think it caught her by surprise and upset her a bit. It probably didn't help that I yelled to wake up Jeff to bring in a wet cloth and tissues. She went back to sleep fairly quickly but tossed and turned quite a bit.

She seemed to feel better today than she has for the last couple of days, but was a little more moody. I think her sensory system was just a little overwhelmed with having daddy back home. She was very excited to see him, but things seemed to upset her a little more easily. She also had some great times today, she chattered up a storm and was yelling in an excited way and just having fun. She was verbalizing alot today. It's so much fun to listen to her, especially when she is excited.

Gracie's time with mom's undivided attention has turned her into a major mommy's girl. I can't be out of her sight. We went to Target today and anytime Jeff would take her into an aisle without me she would continually look back and fuss that she wanted mommy. I fear that when I take her to daycare tomorrow she is going to fuss big time. While it tears at my heart, it will be good for her to get back in the routine and have kids to play with.

Gracie's great love lately is You Tube. She loves the Sesame Street songs. She is also really liking Winnie the Pooh. It's fun to see her recognize characters and enjoy them.

Gracie is now sleeping, but it is a fairly restless sleep. She's already awoken once. I'm hoping for a restful night.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: