Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thursday - A Fever

Gracie had a rough night again and came down with a fever. She awoke about 1:00 a.m. and the rest of the night she would constantly wake up and you could tell she did not feel well. She ended up sleeping on me when she would sleep. Poor girl.

I stayed home from work to hang out with her today and give her some TLC. She was a happy girl for the most part. More tired, more needy, she liked to be held and bounced or rocked. She also had some very independent times when she just wanted to be down and play. I think that was more when the Motrin was working. At 2:00 p.m. I gave her a dose of Motrin and at bedtime we still seemed to have kicked the fever. The night will tell for sure, she tends to spike at about midnight or 1:00 a.m. Who knows why. I'm hoping for good things.

Gracie was a little more moody this evening, but she was a tired girl. She seemed not to be able to self calm when she was upset and didn't get to do what she wanted. She had a very small appetite today also. Except for when it came to stealing mommy's cookie. I was filling out some paperwork for her pre-school evaluation and was eating a chocolate chip cookie. Gracie was listening to music and just kind of wandering the house. I had one bite left in my hand and was concentrating on the form, when zooooooop the cookie piece was taken out of my hand and put into Gracie's mouth with lightening speed.

Gracie had a hard time falling asleep tonight. I think she was overtired. She had a very large jerk while she was falling asleep in my arms tonight, looked up at me with vacant eyes and hit me in the face. It was the weirdest thing. She then relaxed and fell back to sleep. I hope and pray that jerk had no seizure qualities to it and it was an isolated incident.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring a healthy Gracie.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: