Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tuesday - A Very Good Day

I knew it was going to be a good day when I started singing to Gracie to wake her up, she rolled over, put her head up and smiled a big sleepy smile at me. She was an angel this morning. When it was time to put on her coat, mittens, and hat she was unusually patient and it wasn't the usual battle. I told her she was a "good girl" and she repeated back to me at least three times that she was a "good girl".

Gracie didn't give me too much of a guilt trip when I took her to daycare and she had a marvelous time playing "get me" with a little boy at daycare. He would run and say "Gracie, come get me!" She was only too happy to do so. I understand there was lots of laughter and merriment. It's one of those moments where I would have loved to be a mouse in a corner watching.

Gracie had occupational therapy at the clinic today. She had a great day and was very cooperative. Gracie's OT noticed that she was much more tolerant when asked to do things she didn't want to do and her attention span is increasing as well. She used a scissors today fully supervised of course. She quite enjoyed this and did really well.

After OT we stopped at a little eating area and had some snacks. Gracie had great fun running all around. When it was time to go home, she decided she wanted to go the opposite way, actually I think she wanted to have someone run after her. We let her go quite a distance away from us and I thought she would turn back as she usually doesn't let us out of sight. She did not come back on her own, so Jeff sprinted to catch her. I've never seen this girl run so fast. She even had lift off on her feet, which we have been working and working on in PT. The giggles that followed were priceless as well.

Gracie was a very good girl tonight at home, even though she only had fruit and peanut butter toast for supper. We discovered a natural gas leak on the outside of our home tonight that had to be fixed and we were advised to not turn anything on...so that meant no cooking. As it turned out, I'm sure we could have, but I didn't want to chance it at the time.

Gracie was a gem tonight. She was happy, silly, and even a little snuggly.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: