Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Fun Day!

Gracie had a pretty good night last night, but awoke at 5:00 a.m. She snuggled with me for about an hour before insisting it was time to get out of bed. That is the one thing I can count on with her, snuggle time in the morning when she wakes up. She loves it as much as I do.

Gracie was ready for a nap by 8:30 a.m., which gave me time to take a shower that was more than 2 minutes long. Ahhhhhhhh, that felt good.

Gracie was full of mischief around the house, but good naturedly so. At one point I was blow drying my hair and Gracie walks by with a DVD in her hand...the very DVD that was in the DVD player. She figured out how to open it up and take it out. She was quite proud and then disgusted as I took it away.

This afternoon we met up with my sister and nephew and went to Lark Toys for the day. Gracie refused to stay on one of the animals on the big Merry-Go-Round, but she did sit on my lap on a bench that goes around and around too. We had lots of fun roaming the toy and book stores. Gracie got a llama and then my sister found this doll that looks exactly like Gracie - it's hair, it's coloring - she showed it to Gracie and she screamed in delight. She carried that baby around and it was hilarious to watch her react to it. Gracie got an early birthday present -- thank you Auntie Sheila.

While my nephew and I played mini-golf, my sister took Gracie for a spin in her wheelchair. Gracie was so tired she fell asleep with her head on the tray. Once she woke up, we picked up some food and headed back to my sister's house to eat it. Gracie was in heaven. Cousin Jason treats her like she is a princess and she loves to play with him. She even got to play the piano.

She cried the whole way home and fell asleep about 2 miles from home. I put her into bed where she was peacefully sleeping until she had a night terror. I should have predicted it -- when she doesn't get a good nap, we tend to see those.

It was a very fun day -- just what Gracie and I both needed.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: