Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesday - Happy Girl

Gracie had a GREAT night. I know it was great because I awoke at 4:00 a.m. and realized I hadn't been woken up since I went to bed. It felt great!!!! Gracie woke up about 6:00 a.m. and was a happy girl. She has decided that she loves Quaker Oat Bran cereal -- forget Cheerios, forget Fruit Loops...fiber filled healthy is the way to go. I'm certainly not complaining.

Jeff dropped Gracie off at daycare and she had a good day. I'm told she ate two helpings at lunch. I think she may be trying to grow into the top I put on her today. It was a 5T, one that she used to fill out to the max...and now it is way too big. She is really slimming down. When I picked her up at daycare tonight she was having a good time playing with the daycare dog.

Gracie was in a GREAT mood all night long. We went for a walk/wheelchair ride and then we played outside until about 7:30 p.m. Then we came in the house and I let Gracie run around in just a diaper. She has come to love doing that just lately. Then we read her new favorite book "Llama Llama Red Pajama".

For the last couple of nights when Gracie is snuggling on my lap with her bedtime bottle, I have been teasing her that I wanted a drink and I pretend to take it out of her mouth and I make a sucking sound and she giggles. So tonight she is snuggling in drinking her bottle and I say "Gracie, are you going to share your bottle with mom tonight?" Then I made the sucking sound and motion with my mouth. Well tonight she called my bluff. She popped that bottle right out of her mouth and stuck it up to mine. Suddenly I wasn't so thirsty. What a little nut.

She fell asleep so easily tonight and is sleeping very peacefully, even though we are having severe thunderstorms.

Tomorrow is Gracie's echocardiogram so we'll be on fasting mode in the morning. We're hoping and praying for a good report.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

1 comment:

Auntie Cheryl said...

My hopes and prayers are with you tomorrow too.