Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday - A Sunny Day to Swing

Gracie had a GREAT night and slept very peacefully. She awoke at 6:30 a.m. and was very content to snuggle in bed with me until 7:00 a.m. If you don't have to rush Gracie out of bed in the morning, she is a very happy girl.

We got up, had some breakfast, took a splish splash bath, and then played for a little while. She took about a 45 minute nap this morning and then Gracie and I headed out to buy her some new shoes. Gracie's are well worn from playing outdoors and I wanted a new pair for church and special occasions. Was I surprised to find out her foot has grown and well her current shoe's days are numbered. So I bought one new pair and ordered a second identical pair. They are the cutest little (actually big) shoes...size 10-1/2 extra wide. We also went to the mall and picked up a few things too. The "mommy's little princess" and "daddy's little cutie" shirts were impulse buys...but they were on sale. :)

Gracie was a great tease today. Every day I kneel on the floor and put my arms out and ask Gracie where my hug is. She is always happy to give me a great big squeezie hug. So today I do this as she is going around and around our kitchen island. Each time she goes around she gives me a hug. So Jeff asks where his hug is and stretchs out his arm. She walks close to him and then zooms around him to get to me to give me my hug, but daddy doesn't get a hug. This goes on and on and on and each time, she refuses to give daddy hugs. Then she decides to really add insult to injury and just gives me hug after hug after hug while daddy stands by with none. She so was teasing Jeff. It was hilarious.

Gracie ate a great lunch and then we headed outdoors to drive our little car around. Nap time followed that, but she only slept for 30 minutes. I should have known then that this would be trouble.

After nap, we headed to the park and let Gracie swing and swing and swing. She was so sad when we had to head back home. Her smiles are so big when she is sitting in that swing going oh so high. This park has one baby swing that holds her in and it is great fun.

The night went down hill from there. Gracie cried and had tantrum after tantrum. Bottom line was she was tired, but when we tried to put her down to sleep she could not wind down. She finally fell asleep at 8:30 p.m. and is now getting the rest she so terribly needs.

We're hoping for another beautiful sunny day tomorrow.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: