Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday - A Change to the Routine

Gracie had a very restless night last night. Not sure why, but she tossed and turned most of the night. She was cranky when she awoke and so we rocked for a little while and she snapped out of it fairly quickly.

Today Gracie went to a back-up daycare center as our daycare is on vacation. We weren't sure what to expect and were a little nervous about how she would do in a center setting. When we dropped her off, she played shy for about two minutes then hopped down and was ready to play with all the new toys. She had a great day and the staff were wonderful. They encouraged us to call to check in on her, which I did...but only once. She played outside, read books (a favorite thing to do) made us a beautiful picture, played with big legos, but her favorite attraction was the mini-sink! When I arrived to pick her up she gave me a great big smile and laughed, then she hugged me so tight. It was very sweet.

Gracie was a tired girl tonight, but was in a great mood all evening. She ate a good supper and babbled alot tonight. I've noticed over the last week and a half she is jabbering a lot more than she ever has. She also is starting to understand sign language more. Tonight I was reading her a book and she wanted me to read it for the third time and she signed "more". I about cried with pride.

Gracie was very restless as she was falling asleep tonight. I think she was plain and simply overtired. She is resting peacefully now.

Have a good weekend...sounds like we may need to get out pants and sweatshirts again!

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: