Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday - Another Busy Day

Gracie had another restful night with the exception of an hour in the wee hours of the morning again. She awoke in a great mood. I was finishing getting ready for work as Gracie roamed the house this morning. All of a sudden I heard something drop in the kitchen. I went in to find that Gracie had pulled a box of cereal off the cupboard, opened it up and was looking in. When I came to see what was going on, I think she thought she was going to get in trouble as she put her head down. Instead, I said "Gracie, are you hungry?" I helped her dig her hand in the box and she was one happy girl.

Gracie had a good day at daycare and had just awoken from a nap when Jeff picked her up. They headed to the clinic for Gracie's physical therapy appointment. She did great and was in a very good mood until she spotted the little sink. Suddenly it was tantrum city as that is all she wants to do -- turn the water on and off and play in it. We always let her at the end of the session, but she fusses and carries on until we do. We would do it earlier, but she won't end it, that is all she wants to do.

After PT we went to see Gracie's pediatrician...not because Gracie is sick, but because she is leaving the clinic. We are so sad to see her go and will miss her greatly. She has been with us since Gracie was two days old and she has been the greatest. Gracie showed off her walking skills, we snapped a few pictures, and then Gracie gave her a couple of the biggest, tightest hugs.

After supper we talked with Gracie's cousin Crystal. Crystal called to ask Gracie to be her flowergirl next summer. When I asked Gracie if she wanted to be her flowergirl, she gave me a big smile and clapped her hands. I guess that means "yes". It was so cute.

Gracie fell asleep quite easily tonight and is sleeping peacefully. I think I'm going to go join her.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: