Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday - Our First Day Without Daddy

Gracie had a terribly restless night, she tossed and turned constantly. At 4:30 a.m. she awoke for the day. She was happy to still snuggle, but she was NOT going back to sleep. This posed a bit of a problem for shower time for me. So I corralled her with gates just outside the bathroom and showered while she played and read books. She did get a bit impatient with me toward the end. It was the fastest shower I've taken in years!

I dropped Gracie off at daycare and she was in a good mood. We sang the whole way there with Gracie adding claps here and there. When I picked her up, she was still in a good mood and remained that way pretty much all night. She was more clingy tonight, but I was happy to hold her and give her attention. Tonight we read books and played on the floor.

I gave her a hug from daddy and I told her that's who it was from. She got a big smile. I think she is missing her games of chase with daddy. Mommy can attempt it, but it's just not the same as when her and daddy play.

We've been working on the concept of "on" and "off" in Occupational Therapy. One of the things we are trying to get her to do is help dress and undress herself. Usually she fusses about this, but tonight she cooperated and pulled her shirt "off" of her head and then pulled her jammies "on" over her head. I got a big proud smile when I cheered her success.

Gracie fell asleep quite quickly this evening. I'm hoping we have a better night.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

1 comment:

Brownie said...

It sure is hard on the little ones when Dad is gone! I can tell with Red when Dad has worked some long hours - or gone to men's prayer group and has gotten home after bedtime.

You do become creative in how to do things when you don't have a back up!

Hope the time passes quickly until Jeff is back home!