Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday - Stretch Those Orthotics

It was a rough night. After Gracie's night terror at around 10 p.m., she was extremely restless. She awoke at 1:00 a.m. and couldn't be consoled. I walked the floor bouncing her for about 45 minutes before I finally got her calmed down and back to sleep. At 4:00 a.m., she awoke crying again and was terribly restless. I finally got her back to sleep and then it was time for me to get up. By the time she was supposed to wake up, she was sleeping so tight and peacefully that I had a really hard time waking her up. Go figure.

Gracie was very clingy this morning and just wanted to be held. Smiles were a little harder to come by. Our first order of business was to stop at the prosthetic lab and have them look at her orthotics (foot braces) as they both were cutting into her foot. They were able to melt them a little and stretch them. That should do the trick for a bit, the next step is to cut them down a bit and if that doesn't work, they'll have to make a new pair. At $1400 a pair, I'm hoping we can hold off for awhile. I thank God that we have good insurance.

Gracie had a good day at daycare. I arrived to find Gracie in front of the large screen TV dancing out to "Islands in the Stream" by Dolly Parton. She was really rocking out, clapping hands and swaying. I snuck in and just watched for a while. What a stitch.

Daycare has been working with Gracie not to suck her thumb during the day. Today she succeeded all day and they were telling me this tonight, when Gracie's thumb started heading to her mouth. Michelle said "Gracie" and the thumb stopped midair. The little goofball.

Gracie had a good supper, a quick bath, and she was ready for bed. One tired girl! That goes for me too...I'm headed to bed shortly.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: