Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday - Probably a Virus

I had to wake Gracie up this morning and she was one sleepy girl. I find that if I sing to her and snuggle a bit, she wakes up in a much better mood. So that is exactly what I did and she had smiles and snuggles for mommy. Yay!

I was on my way to daycare with Little Miss Grace when I heard loud sounds coming from the backseat....oh no...diarrhea AGAIN. I pull into a local car dealer to verify, my nose confirms, so I turn around and head home. I get home, get Gracie out of her car seat and into the house for a diaper change only to find out her diaper is clean. False alarm. So I head back to daycare, now I'm running late, just as we are about there, I fear the same, but again false alarm. So Gracie hangs at daycare while I fly to work and am late for my first meeting of the day -- sorry Melissa.

About 10:30 a.m. I get a call from daycare that Gracie indeed does have the diarrhea again. This is a week now that we've been dealing with this, so I make an appointment with a pediatrician, unfortunately not Gracie's primary. I picked Gracie up from daycare and we headed home for a nap before her appointment. Oh and lunch too, which consisted of crackers and applesauce.

Our appointment is with a nurse practitioner that checks Gracie out and tells us...yes, you guessed it...it is probably a virus. Since Grace was vaccinated for the rotovirus, she doesn't think it is that, but can't confirm The fact that Gracie has not vomited or had a fever makes us think that it probably isn't the rotovirus. Then we were told she could have the diarrhea for up to two weeks....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That is not what I wanted to hear.

Gracie had a bland supper tonight and was very tired so not much play time after that. She was in one of those moods tonight where she tried to test our patience. Fortunately for her, mom and dad have ALOT of patience. She went to give me what I thought was a kiss on my cheek and bit me and wouldn't let go. Jeff had to come pry her teeth off of my cheek...OUCH. Jeff and Gracie had a battle of wills over the nightlight again. When she didn't get her way in her room, she went into our room to see if she could get that nightlight. Her plans were spoiled there too.

Gracie has been having alot more body jerks when she is sleeping. I really noticed this today. This is not a good thing and I attribute it to the Vigabatrin wean. We increase her Topamax on Saturday, so I'm hoping that will take care of it.

Gracie fell asleep about 7:45 p.m. and is sleeping, although she is quite restless. I hope it isn't a restless night.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: