Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday - Dancing Girl

Gracie slept very well last night and in the early morning rolled over and snuggled in. At one point she layed her head on top of my head and that is how she slept until I had to get up to take a shower. She awoke at 6:30 a.m. and was a happy girl, but still seemed sleepy. After meds and getting dressed, I put her back in bed and snuggled with her until Emily, her early intervention teacher, arrived.

Gracie was happy to see Emily and sat on her lap and played and sang. Emily brought a monkey puppet along and Gracie showered the monkey with kisses. Gracie was quite tired when I dropped her off at daycare and as I was ready to go I looked down and she had big crocodile tears running down her face. That tore at my heart. She took a nap shortly after I left and woke up a happy girl. She showed everyone at daycare her dancing moves when they put on some golden oldies music.

When I got home, Gracie was very excited to see me and as is the standard custom, we snuggled for about 10 minutes before we started cooking supper. Gracie had a good night and had lots of smiles. She was a wild girl in the tub and splashed and splashed.

At 8:00 p.m. she was ready for bed and has been sleeping peacefully.

Wishing you all a peaceful night.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: