Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursday - We've Got a Shiner!

Gracie had another good night. After starting out restless, I thought it might be a rough night, but it was not. I ended up waking Gracie up at about 6:20 a.m. I find that if I sing Harry Belafonte's song "Day-o" to her, she awakes in a pretty good mood.

I had to go back to work today and Gracie went back to daycare. I was excited to hear that Gracie joined all of the other kids today in running and screaming. Usually she sits back and observes, but today she was right in there with them. Go Gracie!!!! Gracie had a little accident today at daycare, her foot caught on the carpet, she lost her balance, and fell into the corner of the coffee table. She has quite a shiner on her eye. Gracie also got to go outside and play today. The fresh air does wonders for her.

Daddy picked Gracie up at daycare and then got to go visit our friend Wayne for a little bit, but she was too tired to do much socializing.

Gracie was very excited to see me come home tonight, but I was taking care of a leaking 2 pack of soymilk and didn't get into the house fast enough. She cried and cried and cried, until Jeff finally brought her outside so she could be next to me. After I got that taken care of and my hands washed, Gracie clung to me and snuggled for a good 10 minutes before she was ready to think about anything else.

Gracie ate a good supper, complete with a few M&M's for dessert. After supper it was bathtime, which was a big hit. She splashed and splashed and splashed.

Gracie fell asleep about 7:45 p.m., I put her to bed and she hasn't moved a muscle since. She was exhausted. All that fresh air must have tired her out.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: