Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday - I Love My Family

Gracie awoke at around 6:45 a.m. in a great mood. Little did I know, that would be the theme for the day. Gracie had lots of smiles and patience as we prepared, loaded the van, and got ready to head to Grandma & Grandpa's house for Easter dinner.

Gracie fell asleep in the van about halfway there, so she had about a 30 minute morning nap. Once we got there she was a little tired, but it didn't take her long to warm up to Grandma and Grandpa, especially since Grandpa turned on the ceiling fan for her (one of her great loves). Then Auntie Cheryl, Uncle Russ, and cousins Julie and Crystal arrived. Yay!!!! She had all the attention a 20 month old could dream of. Then Auntie Sheila and cousins Kayla and Jason arrived. Yay!!! More attention. Gracie showed off her smiles, hugs, and walking skills.

About 3 p.m. Gracie took a 45 minute nap to prepare for the big Easter Egg hunt. We bundled her up and took her outside to find eggs. I think just being outside was more exciting than actually looking for the eggs. She was spoiled with M&M's, Fruit Loops, whale crackers, mints, chapstick, stickers, and even money for her piggybank!

Auntie Lana, Uncle Jim, and Cousins Brent, Katie, and Jayme arrived in time for the Easter egg hunt and yes, there was even more attention to be had by little Miss Grace. She was in her glory to have people to play with. I think she even forgot that mommy and daddy existed for awhile. At one point, Brent and Gracie came in the kitchen and she looked at me like "Hi Mommy, when did you get here?"

She was in a great mood on the drive home, I could just tell she had a good day. It did my heart good to see her having fun with family and being social. At Christmas time, the last time we were all together, she was on steroids and wanted to be held most of the time and wouldn't let me out of her sight. She has come so far and at this time of renewal I praise God for her being I.S. free.

Gracie fell asleep midway home. I took her out of her car seat and put her in bed upon our arrival at home and she has stayed sleeping. I think she was just plain tuckered out.

God Bless You All,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: