Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wednesday - Laughs and Giggles

Gracie awoke bright and early - 5:30 a.m. - and was in a good mood. She took her meds just fine, but now thinks it is great fun at breakfast time to drink her milk and then let it come back out of her mouth like a little geyser. Actually breakfast time doesn't consist of food, she will take her meds with a little applesauce or pureed fruit, but wants nothing else to eat.

Gracie's appetite continually decreases. Ever since her stomach bug this weekend, she doesn't have a huge appetite. I've also been doing a little chatting with some other I.S. parents and many of them have had their children go through a phase when coming down from steroids of not wanting to eat anything. So I'm feeling fortunate that Gracie is intaking food and soy formula.

Daddy picked Gracie up from daycare and was on supper duty as I met with our tax accountant (nothing like waiting til the last minute to get taxes done). When I got home, I couldn't get my coat off fast enough, she wanted some mommy snuggle time. I was only too happy to give her as many snuggles as she wanted.

Tonight was bath night. Gracie had a good time in the tub, but insisted she was going to drink her bath water. I insisted she was not going to do so. She didn't want to listen to mommy, so bathtime was cut short.

Gracie had fun playing "get" with daddy and I think it wore her out. She fell asleep about 7:45 p.m. She is now tucked in and in sleepy land.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: