Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sleepy Sunday

Gracie had a good night, I awoke at 2:00 a.m. and realized I hadn't been awoken by her since I fell asleep, which means she pretty much stayed in one place. This never happens. She slept until 7:00 a.m. and awoke in a happy mood.

Once again, Gracie decided it was great fun to keep her mouth clamped tight when it was time for her meds this morning. I find that if I don't try too hard, I can get her to take them a little while later without too much problem.

Gracie was so tired, that by 9:15 a.m. she was asleep again and slept until 11:00 a.m. She ate a light lunch -- I think her appetite is decreasing even more and she would much rather drink her lunch than eat. Although if there is fruit on the menu (and there always is) that disappears quite quickly.

After lunch, we shopped for a bit and Gracie was a good girl, but was not in a cart or stroller and felt the need to touch everything in her path. She also took a little bicycle for a spin, with mom & dad's help. She quite enjoyed that.

We worked on a number of things today, going up on our tippie toes which is suggested to strengthen her leg muscles, standing from the floor (we can do this with help, but not quite by ourself yet), we worked on release of toys - still not loving to do that, we worked on identifying objects, such as baby and book, and we also rolled the ball back and forth (that was a big hit and she has got the concept of rolling it back, so in a way I see this as release skills).

By 3:00 p.m. she could hardly keep her eyes open and took a 2 hour nap. I snoozed for part of that with her and when she woke up she was very snuggly.

After supper we all played and just hung out as a family. I think Gracie was loving having both mom and dad's attention. Jeff got up to walk out of the room at one point and she was not happy about it.

Gracie fell asleep about 8:30 p.m. and is sleeping peacefully.

Have a great week.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: