Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Poopie Tuesday

The title of today's blog is for my friend Arlan, who informed me that I was getting a little too detailed about all the poop we've been seeing in our house lately!

Gracie had diarrhea again through the night, so needless to say I was up quite a bit changing diapers and lulling my big girl back to sleep. The nice thing about this is that Gracie actually wants to sleep, so is very cooperative and will just let me hold or snuggle her until she falls asleep. Morning came way too quickly.

Jeff had a light schedule at work so he spent the morning with Gracie at home and then he needed to go the civic center to set up for a conference in the afternoon and I took off work to care for Gracie. I walked in the door from work and was greeted by a dirty diaper. The nice thing was it was the last one I saw for the rest of the day.

Gracie took an hour nap for Jeff and slept for an hour and a half for me and probably would have slept longer, but I woke her up to go to her physical therapy appointment at the clinic. I debated on whether or not to cancel, but since she was doing good, I thought we would attempt it. It went very well and Leslie, Gracie's PT, worked her hard and was very impressed with many of her new skills. She felt that Gracie is definitely getting stronger in her legs, so our working with her is paying off. Leslie's first comment to us was "Did Gracie grow taller?" We laughed because when she got up this morning, both Jeff and I commented that it looked like she grew overnight.

All Gracie had to eat today was crackers, applesauce, and Gatorade and by supper time she was hungry. So we gave her some pasta in chicken broth, applesauce, a banana and she had some of my rice. It is a huge deal to be fed with food from mommy and daddy's plates.

After supper we took Gracie for a stroller ride and she really enjoyed that. Then we practiced having her walk in the grass, which really helps with her balance. She was one tired girl and could hardly stay awake while I dressed her in her pj's. I'm feeling the effects of a short night myself. I think I'll head to bed shortly.

Sweet dreams all.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

1 comment:

Brownie said...

I remember when Blondie was little - for about two weeks she had the runniest stinkiest poopy diapers. We put her on a B.R.A.T diet and it would start to clear up - as soon as I gave her anything additional... SQUIRT! (for the benefit of your friend.)

It can be exhausting.